Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19: Day 102

Today's photo is of the two flowers my children oh so lovingly picked from the rhododendron in front of the Indoor Park we went to this morning. They replaced the rather sad looking purple weeds that were in the bud vase on the table already.

I thought I'd share another photography tip with you all. Sometimes you get better photos when you turn the lights off. I know it sounds funny and counter intuitive, but natural light from a window can be soooooo much prettier. To show you the difference I'm posting today's photo (taken on the kitchen table near the sliding glass door with NO lights on but using a white reflector) and following it is the same subject taken in the same spot only with all the kitchen lights turned on.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

No comments: