Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31: Day 83

I focused on the color green today because I enjoy participating in the Pioneer Woman's Photography Assignments and the current assignment is Green. I really wish I had a macro lens because I could have taken some super cool wet leaves photos today. My current lens selection makes getting those super cool shots kind of difficult because they just won't let me get any closer then a few feet to get a focused shot. Boo. Perhaps I need to try my ghetto macro technique again.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/640 sec
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

I thought I'd give an easy and low cost photography tip that works great for still life shots like the pears. To avoid the heavy shadow on the pear's left sides I held up a sheet of white paper to act as a reflector and help lighten the shadows. The photos below are completely unedited to show you the difference a plain piece of paper can make.

Without the Super High Tech Piece of White Paper Reflector:

With the Super High Tech Piece of White Paper Reflector:

See the difference in the shadows?

3 comments:

Aly sun said...

Like, like, like. Great white paper tip.

Natalie Whisler said...

Nice. I really like something about pears. I would totally frame your pear shot.

Own Self said...

Umm, I totally need that pear photo blown up and framed for my new kitchen! How much!?! Seriously. You wouldn't know it right now by looking at my completely tussled kitchen, but my theme is pears. ;)