Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15: Day 67

Today's photo inspiration comes from one of our three bookcases. That's right, three full size bookcases. And yes I've read every single one of my books and quite a few of my husband's as well. I happen to have a thing for childrens literature and have amassed quite a collection over the years, starting well before I had children. This particular shot shows my favorite childhood book series, Little House on the Prairie. If you look real close you can see a few other favorites, A Little Princess, A Wrinkle in Time, and Little Women (the title isn't visible but you can barely read Louisa May Alcott's name on the spine). Since most of my favorite children's literature is girl oriented (I am a girl afterall!) I need to hear some good boy literature suggestions for my son. Particularly books featuring basketball.

I took this after I put the kids down to bed with all our living room lights on. I did bump the ISO to 800 but since fine detail isn't that big of a deal in this shot I can live with it. I'm still totally digging this post-processing sequence I've been using for the past week or two. I like the soft look. What do you guys think? Like it? Love it? Tired of it?

Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO: 800
Flash: Off

2 comments:

Sarah's Smile said...

Have you read the Anne of Green Gables series?

For boys...how about Hardy Boys? I don't know many boy books either!

Cooking with Big E said...

The book on the far right in the photo (cream colored) is actually one volume with three Anne of Green Gables stories in it. That's another one of my favorite series! I never read the Hardy Boys but that's a good idea for Ethan.