Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13: Day 96

I was prolific today. So prolific that I can't pick just one photo to be the photo of the day so I'm submitting two for your viewing pleasure. The first is a miracle shot of our cat Boo's green eye. Seriously, I don't know how I got this lucky. I was playing with the "poor man's macro" technique again and just for kicks thought I'd try to get a photo of the cat's eye when she looked up at me next to the sliding glass window. Don't ask me how I managed to get this in focus because I'm pretty sure it was a fluke.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: f/10.0
Focal Length: 55mm
ISO: 400
Flash: Off

I also played around with some old books I have. I love old books, they smell yummy, feel so soft, and have such pretty typography. This photo is so simple but I really like it. In case you're wondering, I have indeed read this book but I'm sad to say it's not particularly good or interesting.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

2 comments:

Natalie Whisler said...

The cats eye is indeed a good catch... but I have to say that it freaks me out a little. ;)

Notorious M.E.G. said...

It reminds me of the eye they use in Monster Quest. Indeed a bit creepy, but a wonderful photo.