Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25: Day 49

Today's photo was taken tonight in Corvallis at the Oregon Pound Jiu Jitsu class. My husband started Jiu Jitsu several months ago and earned his first stripe about a month ago. Jiu Jitsu doesn't move people up belt colors very quickly, in fact he probably won't make blue belt for another year or two since he only goes to two classes a week. Thanks to our friends Pat and Katie (thank you again!) I was able to tag along kid-free with my camera and hang out in a gym full of sweaty men. Every girl's fantasy come true. Or not. It was pretty interesting to watch and I had fun trying to take photos. The gym wasn't exactly well lit and I was smashed up against a wall and had to keep dodging feet and elbows so my photos aren't exactly stellar. I probably should have cranked the ISO up even more and/or used a flash. I didn't think the guys would appreciate a flash. Just my being in their way was distracting enough!

This particular photo features my husband. Don't hold your breath waiting to see another photo of him anytime soon since he's camera shy. It took me nearly 50 days into this project to get a photo of him!

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/80 sec
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 28mm
ISO: 400
Flash: Off

No comments: