Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26: Day 19

Our dog Zoe's favorite napping spot is in the sun spot that falls on my pillow. That's right, my pillow. It drives me nuts because the last thing I want to smell when I go to sleep at night is dog. Blech. She loves to burrow between the window sill (the window at the head of our bed) and the pretty decorative pillow so that all you can see of her is her ears. She's very stealthy napping on my pillow.

Played some more with my nifty fifty. I can't believe I've only had this lens for a year, it's definitely seen some use! I'm also making a greater effort to switch completely over to manual instead of aperture priority. I pretty much know what shutter speed I should be at so it really hasn't been all that hard. I've also been working a lot on focus. I'm feeling hindered by the 9 focus points I have with my camera and I'm hoping that my next camera will have more focus options. Not that I'm close to buying a new camera, but I can dream.

I used Coffee Shop's Butterscotch Vintage action. It was already a warm photo with all the afternoon sun (I wish I could take a nap on my sunny pillow instead of the dog!) but this just added some oomph.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

No comments: