Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10: Day 3

This afternoon I challenged myself to take a photo using only the available light and objects in our cluttered office/guest room. After staring at the piles of stuff on the bed and random knickknacks on the desk I got inspired by a piece of fake fur fabric that I picked up at a yard sale last summer. Next I spotted a glass paperweight on the desk and thought the smooth glass would be a nice contrast to the fur. I took the photo on the windowsill (facing west in the late afternoon) using only natural light. I like that instead of the pirate ship that is actually on the bottom of the paperweight you see the reflection of the scrubby trees in the back yard. Kind of a cool effect!

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO: 200
Flash: Off

No comments: