Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 25: Day 138

I used to think deer were cute timid creatures. And then we moved to our home in a subdivision and discovered that deer are not like Bambi. Oh no. The deer are pretty insistent that our yard isn't really ours though they do let us borrow it every once in awhile. They've munched on the azaleas and hydrangeas until they're barely poking out of the ground, have enjoyed eating our two ornamental trees, and seem to think our we keep our grass lush and green just for their snacking pleasure. They even drink the water off the swings on the swing set on wet days. No amount of me yelling, the kids roaring, or the dog barking seems to affect them in the slightest. In fact they don't even look my way when I bang on the sliding glass door to make them stop eating my flowers anymore.

So it wasn't a big surprise to look out the window yesterday and see two deer laying in our grass. One of them was right next to the kids' swing set. Our yard isn't very big and I didn't even have to step out of our house to take these photos. I just opened the sliding glass door a little bit (notice they didn't even bother to get up when they heard me do that) and snapped away. I did break out my 75-300 lens which I very rarely use. It's not my favorite lens and I feel like it's pretty soft but it worked.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 190 mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

No comments: