Friday, May 21, 2010

May 20: Day 133

My beautiful and super talented friend Anna just graduated with her Masters from OKCU and her goal is to sing Opera. She is visiting home for a short time before moving to Boston and she put on a voice recital at The Old Church downtown Portland for family and friends. She did a fantastic job and I'm sure great things are in store for her.

The church lighting wasn't exactly stellar at 7pm but I sat pretty close to the front so I could use my Tamron zoom. I bumped the ISO as high as I could but didn't feel comfortable with going any faster then 1/100 on the shutter speed. Anything slower created blur. Since I was dealing with a bit of grain in the photos I converted this one to black and white since it's less bothersome to me.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length:30 mm
ISO: 1600
Flash: Off

Here's the gorgeous blue Cinderella dress she wore for the first half of the recital. I'm pretty sure my daughter would LOVE it! I wish I had more then 2 minutes to take photos of her in it outside. The church was downtown Portland and it was a great time of day for natural light photos. Would have been an awesome backdrop!

No comments: