Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24: Day 137

It's been a busy day today and since we apparently haven't fulfilled our puke quota for the month my daughter naturally threw up in the car a little over an hour away from home. On our way to our last family dinner before my brother leaves. For the army. Tomorrow morning. With my preschooler puking and my toddler screaming his ear hurts I decided that maybe it would be best if we didn't stay for dinner after all, so we met my brother in the hotel parking lot near the airport for a quick hug and goodbye. And then we turned around and drove home. At rush hour. At least there was no more puke (knock on wood) and only small amounts of screaming (Ethan dropped his McDonalds fries on the van floor and Grace was mad I wouldn't let her eat anything other then crackers). And it was rush hour on a Monday, not a Friday. And I didn't have anything to rush home for, other then putting cranky sick children to bed.

Which is how we come to the photo of the day. I spotted this pretty calla lily in our neighbor's front yard as I pulled into our driveway after our rather miserable trip to Portland and back. I was thinking about what on earth I was going to take a photo of today and was thrilled that there was enough light outside to capture this pretty flower. It brightened my day.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off

No comments: