Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8: Day 335

I've been practicing some more with my off camera flash set up and I'm not sure if I'm getting better or worse at it, but at least I'm trying! I'm using the feathered lighting technique in this shot again which I've discovered makes the background much darker then directly lighting it. I'm starting to wonder if I may need to invest in a second speedlight for a two light set up to get the look I'm after. I was also playing around with changing my shutter speed to see the difference that using different shutter speeds makes. Slower shutter speeds let in more ambient light and I like the results, but in ever photo I took with a shutter speed under 1/100 the focus was off too much for my liking. Even 1/100 wasn't perfectly focused, but good enough.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 35 mm
ISO: 100
Flash: Off Camera with Softbox

No comments: