Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 6: Day 333

Today was my very first venture into the scary and confusing world of Off Camera Flash. I'm hoping to be able to do studio type shots with children and babies indoors this winter/spring while the weather makes outdoor photos less practical. While I love natural light I think it's time for me to learn how to master my flash. I'm using my 580ex ii off camera with a softbox. For this photo I used the "feather" light technique where my flash isn't pointed at my subject, but rather my reflector right next to my subject. I like the natural looking shadows it produced. The "backdrop" is actually my dining room wall because my backdrop stand is due to arrive today. Can't wait to play some more!

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO: 320
Flash: Off (used off camera flash)

No comments: