Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 18: Day 284

I did a quick family session at the Arboretum and really like the photos of these two brothers. Love those smiles! I did use a little fill flash and probably had Mom holding a reflector since the sun is behind them. I feel like I'm improving with my fill flash out of necessity, since my reflector doesn't do the best job with more then a few people in the frame.

Another trick I've been using on the last few family sessions is to use my longest focal length and a larger aperture. That way I get more bokeh (blur) in the background and have more leeway in my focal range.

Photo Stats:
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 75 mm
ISO: 500
Flash: On

1 comment:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Oh, I LOVE this!! SO wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest!